COVID-19 Safety Protocol & Show Policies
The health and safety of our staff and conference attendees remains DirectEmployers utmost priority. As such, we are closely monitoring government mandates, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, and public health ordinances affecting the Chicago area. Below, you’ll find what actions DirectEmployers is taking to provide a safe and clean environment for all in attendance. After all, we want you to take home action items, knowledge, and fond memories — not germs!
DEAMcon23 COVID-19 Safety
Demo Hall, Grand Ballroom, & Swag Store
- Spacing between pedestals and tables in the Demo Hall.
- Sanitizing stations in the common areas.
- Outdoor spaces near the meeting rooms for a little fresh air.
- Personal hand sanitizer bottles available in the Swag Store.
- Masks available at the Registration Desk.
- Skip the handshake — elbow and fist bumps encouraged in the Demo Hall.
- Social distancing practices will be implemented according to all venue, local and state guidelines at the time of the event.
Venue / Hotel
Marriott’s Commitment to Clean (covers cleaning & sanitation, hand hygiene & social distancing, masks & gloves, and food safety & delivery protocols).
- In regard to masks, we will follow CDC and local guidelines at the time of the event.
- Conference attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and speakers will be required to participate in a wellness check before they receive their event badge. Everyone will be asked the following questions before they will receive their badge and gain entry into the conference:
- In the past 24 hours, have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms?
- Have you or people whom you have close contact with, like someone who lives in your house, a relative, a friend, or a co-worker:
- tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days or
- had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days?
- If attendees test positive for COVID-19 1 to 14 days prior to the conference, please let our team know and we will refund your registration.
COVID-19 travel restrictions, including national, state, and local health advisories will be adhered to for the duration of the conference, and attendees will be required to follow these policies and procedures which may include, but are not limited to, personal sanitization, mandatory face covering, and social distancing — any of which may be modified at any time in advance of or during the event.
Stay in the Loop
Get regular program updates about current and future DEAMcon events. You can unsubscribe anytime. All fields are required.