Privacy Information Collection and Use
We collect the following personal information from you when you visit our websites, request information, or register for the DirectEmployers Annual Meeting & Conference:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Company name and address
We use this information to:
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable events
- Send you requested conference information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Create your community profile
- Send you conference communications
- Send you marketing newsletters and/or communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our website and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service or sending emails. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if DE is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
User Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, you may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by submitting a service request via the DirectEmployers Right to be Forgotten page.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us via the DirectEmployers Contact page.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but the functionality of some areas of our site will be limited.
Analytics services we employ use beacons, pixel-sized images, tags and scripts to track users’ movements around the site. These data are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these services on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Analytics / Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
3rd Party Tracking
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you may contact us using the DirectEmployers Contact page.
Additional Privacy Information
Links to 3rd Party Sites
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you may contact us using the DirectEmployers Contact page.
Social Media Widgets
DirectEmployers Association has no intention of collecting any personal information from individuals under eighteen (18) years of age. If a child has provided us with personal information without the consent of a parent or guardian, a parent or guardian should contact us at: DEAM@DirectEmployers.org, if they would like us to delete this information from our files.
Changes To This Policy